donderdag 21 november 2013

Interlude: Singapore in videos

Today, random video's on Singapore that I've discovered over the last two years and fallen in love with. Please add you favourites in the comments!

Here is Singapore in all its splendour. Yes, this is really what it looks like. Now go and be jealous.





This video still cracks me up every time I watch it. I discovered it through Singaporean blogs (hello bookjunkie!) but when I show it to expats they can't believe Singaporeans could possible think this is funny as it pokes so much fun at them. I suppose they never read Mr Brown either.





The first time I went into this bookshop I slunk out again, so intimidated by the sheer volume of high browness inside. Then I watched this documentary. Now I'm one of the financial pillars propping them up (and so will you be, if you let me take you to Tiong Bahru).\





This is an addiction that S. is quietly indulging: the Singapore-based sort of sixties detective show Serangoon Road on HBO. Handsome rogue, historical Singapore, sassy women, Chinese gambling gangsters.





And one for the home team: here's TU Eindhoven gold medal winning solar car driving around Singapore!





NaBloPoMo November 2013

3 opmerkingen:

  1. Wat een super ,mooie auto en dan nog wel uit Eindhoven de lichtstad!
    Geweldig om in zo'n zonnig land te rijden.Op naar de toekomst hoera.
    Thiel

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Im glad to read you again. Thanks for this post.Best for you Buddy!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen