dinsdag 12 november 2013

Picture Post & Plaatjespost: Netherlands flag

Ever since the last National Day celebrations in August E. has an obsession with the Singapore flag. Whenever she sees anything flying that's red and white, she'll yell out "Singapore flag, Singapore flag", before bursting into songs like "Step up Singapore". (This is not a joke, nor an exaggeration.)

I felt I needed to take a stance and introduce my small ones to their own flag: Netherlands flag.

So I did. But as it comes without songs, or dances, or a nation covered in the thing, it has not made much of an impression.






Oh yes, I'm also throwing in a picture taken on a boat on a canal on a day that was actually slightly too cold to be out on a boat on a canal, but we did it anyway, had lots of wine and beer to celebrate, and had a grand old time, as you do when you're Dutch, have access to a boat and live near open water. 

(Yes, I know that qualifies ALL Dutch people. I am making a point here. More tomorrow!)




(I also am aware that I missed another day, but I am ignoring this in the hope that you won't scroll down this far.)


NaBloPoMo November 2013

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie plaatsen